Saturday 18 October 2014

CHNC challenge 199: Use something forgotten or never used


I certainly enjoyed seeing all the round things incorporated into your Christmas creations during this past week. It is now getting to the serious season for making Christmas cards - even those who always think it's too early to start thinking about making them are beginning to do just that ... so I hope to see some new folk joining in this week as well as lots of 'regulars' who, like me, make their Christmas cards throughout the year.

Please note that I publish the prize winners here and on our facebook page, but don't notify winners individually - it is up to you all to check to see if you have won and email me as requested. There are one or two unclaimed prizes, so it's worth having a look back to see if you were a winner.

Before I get on to today's challenge, I need to let you know the winners of challenge 198, when there were four opportunities to win a prize:

The first winner: 

Number 52: Elizabeth W, who shared this lovely card:



Congratulations, Elizabeth. Please email me at hazelharris@ntlworld.com so I can arrange for you to receive your £10 to spend in the Dawn till dusk crafts website

The second winner:

Number 32: Brenda's Card Corner, who shared this lovely card:


Congratulations, Brenda. Please email me at hazelharris@ntlworld.com so I can arrange for you to receive your $21 of digital stamps from Bugaboo Stamps.

The third winner:

Number 7: Buschcreations (Penny),who shared this lovely tag:


Congratulations, . Please email me at hazelharris@ntlworld.com so I can arrange for you to receive your $25 gift certificate from CAS-ual Fridays.

The fourth winner:

Number 53: Jose,, who shared this lovely tag:


Congratulations, Jose. Please email me at hazelharris@ntlworld.com so I can arrange for you to receive your 3 images from Digital Paper Craft.

Now on to:
Challenge 199

For today's challenge I'd like you to make a Christmas card using something that has been forgotten or never used - even a technique that you haven't used for a long time or a new one ... please have a look further down for more ideas.

The first sponsor is Craft Classes Online (replacing My Creative Classroom):


'Craft Classes Online (CCO) brings multiple Creative Arts Instructors together on one site to provide students with the best choice in online craft workshops. Classes are advertised on the CCO website, but are paid for and held on individual instructor's blog/website. This enable instructors to have more freedom and flexibility in their independent businesses. 

Our instructors offer online workshops that are engaging, affordable, and time-saving. Students from across the globe can learn any number of techniques andcreative projects from the comfort of their own home and on their schedule.

In September we will relaunch our blog, My Creative Life 2014, where we issue challenges to help us use all of our craft supplies during the year.'

Craft Classes Online will offer the randomly chosen winner a free seat to any of their online workshops that are on the CCO website with a regular price of $25 or less. The winner will have until the end of this year to claim their prize.

The second sponsor is Ooh la la Creations:


A randomly chosen winner will be able to choose a CD-rom of their choice - and there are so many wonderful ones to choose from.

The third sponsor is Eureka Stamps:


Finally, The Stamps You've been Looking for! Eureka stamps offers a large variety of images and sentiments in many different categories for all of your stamping needs. Our Paper Sculpting stamps add an extra dimension to your creations. Or, Mix and match our Balloons and Balloon Holders to celebrate every occasion. Our Stamps are available as unmounted, deep etched, natural red rubber stamps OR as digital stamps. If Eureka Stamps aren't exactly what you are looking for, Don't miss out on the sister companies: QKR StampedeBiblical Impressions Rubber Stamps, or the newest addition; Alluring Impressions.

The randomly chosen winner will receive 5 digital images of their choice from Eureka Stamps.

Please visit the websites of these generous sponsors and support them -
you will be spoiled for choice!

For my card I used a lovely Stampotique image by Maryse Carrier called 'Christmas tree tile' - I confess I've had this for quite a long while and this is the first time it's been inked - you can read more about it here on My Crafty Outlook:



This picture taken this morning without flash is a bit better:


Here's another card that you can read about here on My Crafty Outlook, using a reindeer stamp that I bought long ago that's not been inked before and a small round stamp, one of a set of six, that I bought very recently and have used for the first time:



Now it's over to you. As usual, you can use any materials, any techniques - and this week I'd like you to use something that you've had for a long time, but not used. Perhaps you have a stamp that has never been inked or one that you haven't used in a while or perhaps some papers that you've been keeping to use at some point in the future ... well, now is the time! Perhaps you have some bits that you've saved from cards received that you could recycle, but have never got round to doing so, or magazine freebies. It could even be a technique that you haven't used for a while or perhaps a new one that you would like to try out. I'm sure, as usual, you can come up with ideas ... please let me know in your blogpost what it is that you have used.

I look forward to seeing what you come up with for this challenge - please add a link to your blog post (not your blog, but the actual post where your card can be found) by 22:00 UK time 24 October Friday . Please include a link to this blogpost within the post for your creation.

You can enter as many times as you wish  and also link to any other challenges that allow you to do so, but new work only, please.

A new challenge will be set on Saturday 25 October when there will be three chances to win a prize, thanks to generous sponsors.

Please add your link to inlinkz. If by any chance it disappears, please leave a comment with the link to your blog post and I will make sure it is added.

If you haven't done so already, please become a follower and grab my bright pink button to post on your sidebar and help continue to spread the word about this challenge blog - thank you. Also it would be great if you would consider becoming a follower - lovely to welcome recent new followers and 'likers' on facebook.

Please also consider going to CHNC Facebook page and clicking 'like' if you haven't done so already and encourage your friends to do the same. We now have 297 'likes' - it would be great to get that up to 300 and beyond. I always show at least one of my cards for the next challenge in advance and it's a good place to catch up with any news, winners etc.

Don't forget

Don't forget that 'anything goes' monthly challenges are on my Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra blog - you can share any Christmas card you make throughout the whole month, including those that you link here - there is no restriction on the number of entries you can make throughout the month - the link for CHNC challenge extra for October is here.

At the beginning of the year I started up a new challenge called Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge - anything goes as long as you cover your card with patterned paper - a randomly chosen prize winner every month. Please click on the link to find out more. If you have used patterned paper to cover your card blank for your Christmas card, why not enter it there too. And please be aware that the new Patterned Paper Challenge is not restricted to Christmas - it is for any occasions.

Thank you for your support
I look forward to seeing your entries

8 comments:

  1. Hi Hazel, as you can probably tell from my previous comment, I hadn't seen this post!I really didn't expect to be a winner, but then I never do, so many thanks to the random thingy and you for drawing my card. I'll e-mail you just as soon as I've recovered from the surprise :) Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to all the winners!
    I am going to try this challenge.
    A beautiful card!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    *Crafting With Creative M*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful is your card Hazel and congrats winners x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I'm a winner, thank you. I will send You an e-mail.
    Congrats to the other winners

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO excited to see my card won! I love Bugaboo images!! Congratulations to the other winners too!

    Thank you!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card Hazel and great challenge.

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations to all the winners!

    Great theme this week...just happened to be cleaning and sorting my room in preparation for the move and found a bag of left over bits from a card kit I made...the embossed pieces are my older, forgotten item.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats to the winners and I enjoyed this challenge. All are such beautiful cards

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments