Saturday 18 January 2014

CHNC challenge 160: shades of blue


Much as I don't like the thoughts of winter weather, I was so pleased to see so much snow and other signs of winter weather on your wonderful entries for last week's challenge - and it's so good to see so many of you still working with your Christmas stash rather than putting it away. I know that some of you have made a resolution to make cards throughout the year - you'll be pleased when it gets towards the end of the year, even though Christmas is now a long way off.

Before I get on to today's challenge, I need to let you know the winners of challenge 159. There were, of course, three opportunities to win a prize.

Please note that I publish the prize winners here and on our facebook page, but don't notify winners individually - it is up to you all to check to see if you have won and email me as requested.

The first winner:

Number 9: Kym, who shared this lovely card:


Congratulations, Kym. Please email me at hazelharris@ntlworld.com so that I can arrange for you to  receive your $20 voucher from Flonz craft:

The second winner:

Number 35: Lorraine B, who shared this lovely card:


Congratulations, Lorraine. Please email me at hazelharris@ntlworld.com so I can arrange for you to receive your £7.50 voucher from Hobbycutz.

The third winner:

Number 39: Kendra S, who shared this lovely tag:


Congratulations, Kendra. Please email me at hazelharris@ntlworld.com so I can arrange for you to receive your $21 of digital images from Bugaboo Stamps.

Now on to:
Challenge 160

For today's challenge I'd like to see Christmas cards with shades of blue (other colours can also be used, but please make sure there is plenty of blue).

Today we have four sponsors, so there will be four chances to win a prize this week.

The first sponsor is My Creative Classroom:


'My Creative Classroom is an online arts and crafts learning center. Our interactive and in-depth courses are instructor led and filled with wonderful projects and techniques to help you get the most out of your supplies.

Out Spring 2014 Semester is just beginning and will offer well over 100 courses. Along with our Traditional Instructor-led Workshop Classes we have also added Self-Paced Workshops. We've recently added more classes to our Library, which offers retired classes at 40%-50% off regular price.

We have opened our brand new challenge blog, My Creative Life 2014 , which will issue challenges to help us use all of our supplies this year. Along with that is the companion course with the same title, which is FREE to our newsletter subscribers. Come join in on the fun and test drive MCC.

We are excited to be sponsoring "Crafty Hazelnuts". You can view our entire class list on our website at My Creative Classroom. You can also view classes on our Facebook Page too! One lucky winner will receive a free seat to a Workshop class of their choice.....Good Luck!'


Marketing and Sponsorship
My Creative Classroom

The second sponsor is Delicious Doodles:


'Delicious Doodles is a young company with myself, Teri, as the Sole Trader/Designer. 

I have doodled and sketched all of my life. I started making greetings cards when my last child was born, and used my doodles on them as I couldn't find what I wanted in the usual craft places. 

I only started selling my images in the Autumn of 2009. I design and hand/mouse-draw all of the images that are sold in the Delicious Doodles Shop. Some are cutsie animals, some are sketched flowers, there are a few men's images, fairies and also some 'darker' images featuring vampires, skulls and Gothic stuff, something for everyone! '

The randomly chosen winner will be able to choose 4 digital images.


The third sponsor is Eureka Stamps:


Finally, The Stamps You've been Looking for! Eureka stamps offers a large variety of images and sentiments in many different categories for all of your stamping needs. Our Paper Sculpting stamps add an extra dimension to your creations. Or, Mix and match our Balloons and Balloon Holders to celebrate every occasion. Our Stamps are available as unmounted, deep etched, natural red rubber stamps OR as digital stamps. If Eureka Stamps aren't exactly what you are looking for, Don't miss out on the sister companies: QKR StampedeBiblical Impressions Rubber Stamps, or the newest addition; Alluring Impressions.

The randomly chosen winner will receive 5 digital images of their choice from Eureka Stamps.

The fourth sponsor is new to CHNC: Digital Paper Craft:


'Digital Paper Craft is your source of Digital Clipart, Scrapbook Supplies, DigitalStamps, Scrapbook Kits and Graphic Design. All images, papers, etc. created by gifted artist Siobhan and can be found at https://www.etsy.com/shop/DigitalPaperCraft?ref=si_shop'

The randomly chosen winner will receive 3 digi images of their choice.

Please visit the websites of these generous sponsors and support them -
you will be spoiled for choice!

These are two simple cards I've made that feature quite a lot of blue - more details here and here on My Crafty Outlook:



Now it's over to you. As usual, you can use any materials, any techniques - and this week I'd like to see plenty of shades of blue, but you can use other colours too as long as there is lots of blue.

I look forward to seeing what you come up with for this challenge - please add a link to your blog post (not your blog, but the actual post where your card can be found) by 22:00 UK time Friday 24 January. Please include a link to this blogpost within the post for your creation.

You can enter as many times as you wish  and also link to any other challenges that allow you to do so, but new work only, please.

A new challenge will be set on Saturday 25 January when there will once again be three chances to win a prize, thanks to generous sponsors.

Please add your link to inlinkz. If by any chance it disappears, please leave a comment with the link to your blog post and I will make sure it is added.

If you haven't done so already, please become a follower and grab my bright pink button to post on your sidebar and help continue to spread the word about this challenge blog - thank you. Also it would be great if you would consider becoming a follower - lovely to welcome recent new followers and 'likers' on facebook.

Please also consider going to CHNC Facebook page and clicking 'like' if you haven't done so already and encourage your friends to do the same. I always show at least one of my cards for the next challenge in advance and it's a good place to catch up with any news, winners etc.

Don't forget

Don't forget that 'anything goes' monthly challenges are on my Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra blog - you can share any Christmas card you make throughout the whole month, including those that you link here - there is no restriction on the number of entries you can make throughout the month - the link for CHNC challenge extra for January is here.
I've started up a new challenge called Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge - anything goes as long as you cover your card with patterned paper - a randomly chosen prize winner every month. Please click on the link to find out more. If you have used patterned paper to cover your card blank for your Christmas card, why not enter it there too. And please be aware that the new Patterned Paper Challenge is not restricted to Christmas - it is for any occasions.

Thank you for your support
I look forward to seeing your entries

5 comments:

  1. Another fabulous challenge Hazel and many congrats to your winners l just love your creation too and blue is one of my best Christ/winter colours xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey there Hazel....
    thanks for the new Inspiration for Christmas Cards crafters !!!
    Think blue will be a good idea - hope I can match it.

    A Little quastion about entry 01, do you think it´s christmassy ??? Or can we also do some other themes?
    CU hellerlittle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Hazel, I have added my card no.3, if you feel there is not enough blue for this weeks theme please remove me, thank you for wonderful challenges, I am glad you started a patterned paper one as I have so much of them, it will make me use them more.
    Louise x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous inspiration, Hazel.
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great challenge Hazel - had a ball looking through my blue snippets to come up with two cards that fit the requirements. Your cards are lovely - the toppers are cute. Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments